Wednesday 23 May 2018

Does being Famous means, they are the only BEST....


Really???

Do you all really think that the famous is the only BEST? The more you pay the best you get?

I don’t think so.

Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachhan, Sachin Tendulkar, Sania Mirza, Gulzar Sahab and many more who are famous, they all are the synonyms to the BEST in whatever field they are. No two ways about that. But are they the only best?

There are so many good singers, actors, players, poets and others who are out their, giving their best.

So why do we always vouch for only those who have established or have made name?

There are so many talented people all around us but do we care to recognize and/ or acknowledge them.

I personally know so many people who are delivering their best in the field that they are in, but they are not craving for any fame or recognition. Nor are they doing what they know best for the sake of money. They just do what they do, because that is the only best way that they know to do it. To deliver, to help, to be of service, and to be useful.

Now why I am blabbering about this?

Well I have a reason and I want you all to know about it.

This is a very recent incident, and a story which happened with one of my clients. He and his wife are both doctors (General Physicians) and they are doing well in their field. And they are known, admired and respected for their work.

Their son was diagnosed with Hernia and he was supposed to be operated. Now being doctors themselves they were having enough contacts and doctor friends who could have performed this simple surgery, but they wanted the BEST. So the doctor they zeroed down was one of the most renowned doctors of India. 

Before they went there, he of course consulted me and I recommended to him a very good hospital in Thane which is run by a charitable trust and I have had some of my other clients treated there and who had given me a very positive feedback with regard to the hospital, doctors, staff and the procedure and all. I suggested him to visit that hospital atleast once, before taking a final call.

They did not go there.

Instead they went for the doctor they wished to go. The surgery was scheduled, it was to be performed in not to mention one of the FIVE STAR hospitals in Thane. The estimate for the whole procedure for two days was 1.63 lakhs. Now because this was a pre-scheduled surgery and since this client of mine had a Health insurance plan he registered himself for the cashless hospitalization procedure, a week before the surgery.

To his shock the claim for cashless facility was rejected. He asked me why the claim was rejected and I explained to him that at times even if the hospital is on panel and cashless procedures can happen the claim can be rejected, but then we can file for the reimbursement. But for that to happen, first you need to go ahead with the procedure, pay the money upfront from your pocket and then wait for the reimbursement to come.

He was not in favor of that and was very furious at me that the claim for cashless was rejected. He also did not want to spend so much money from his own pocket.

I genuinely wanted to help him. I have some really good friends in pharmaceuticals field and I found out from them, who was a good pediatric surgeon in the closest vicinity, where my client resided. They gave me names, and I found one most common in all the list, and this doctor was in Kalyan.

I called my client and suggested the name of this new doctor, and he said he already knows him. I asked him what was he waiting for then?

The very next day they went to see him, and the surgery was performed. The operation went beautifully, the kid is safe and recovering well :)

To their surprise the cost of the whole procedure was just 1/4th of what was given to him by this FIVE star hospital at Thane.

What I really want to convey here is this… it’s not that only high charging hospitals or the famous personalities are able to deliver the best results. 

There are so many infamous yet some of the BEST people around us, whom we do not even care to consider and give a chance.

These people know precisely what their job is and what their responsibilities are, and believe me when I say this, they are good at it. 

They too are the BEST, it’s just that they are not famous yet, or may be are not interested in being famous. They too believe in delivering their best, and they do it relentlessly, without expectation of any reward of fame. They are content and happy with what little they do and they are serving the community in a very humble and generous way, which is beyond our comprehension.

They are waiting for us to give them an opportunity. 




6 comments:

  1. This is an awesome read. Your writing and expression is superb ! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Priya for your kind words. Puts all the more responsibility to do better. Stay connected :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is so encouraging and means a lot to me Pramod. Thank you so much, stay connected for more :)

      Delete

Hi,

Thank you for your interest and comment. Look forward to see you here again.

~ Nilesh Sharma @ Student of Life ~

Celebrations :)

Yesss, this is my moment of glory. My first 50 followers here on this blogging platform. Never scored that much ever in cricket :) Thr...