Friday 26 April 2019

Strange Journey with a Stranger...

Daily walks is one of my favorite rituals. Earlier I used walk in the vicinity of my residential complex, but now I go out on the roads often changing routes. This way I get to see more of my town. The new happenings and the changes taking place.
I had to buy something for the dinner and so I went by walking. The distance back home is about 4.5 Kms. As everyday today also I went out for a walk a while ago. But today it made me feel special !!!
So what was so special about today?
Well it was nothing much if you think, yet a deeper pondering will surely help you resonate with my perspective.
As I was returning back after the purchase and was only about 750 meters away from my house, an auto rickshaw stopped by and asked me to hop on. I said no it was okay and that my house is at a very close distance.
The good soul auto driver still insisted that I sit in and that he will drop me wherever I ask him to. This was a very kind gesture and I did not wanted to disappoint him. I saw the goodness in him and the way he spoke, saying no to him would have meant I am saying no to goodness and kindness of humanity, so I sat in.
It was barely a two minutes ride, yet we managed to exchange few words. The commonality we found was that we both had the same native.
He called me 'Maharaj" a very pious word commonly used for the spiritual and enlightened souls, and called himself a "Bhakt" (a Devotee)
"I do not know what he saw in me, whether it was something in my appearance or something beyond... "
I got down and we both bid good bye with folding hands to each other and a smile on our faces :)
In those very brief moments, we did make a connect, that of mutual trust and respect and one of Love for mankind. This small yet uncommon incident instills my faith in humanity and belief that goodness is all around us, all we need to do is keep ourselves with both our heart and mind open.
If you too have experienced such wonderful moments, I ask you to please share them, I will be happy to know more.
Thank you so much for reading this post. If you liked reading this article please share with others. Happy Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your interest and comment. Look forward to see you here again.

~ Nilesh Sharma @ Student of Life ~

Celebrations :)

Yesss, this is my moment of glory. My first 50 followers here on this blogging platform. Never scored that much ever in cricket :) Thr...