Friday 31 May 2019

Can men, not choose to be a house husband ???

I met someone whom I have known for some time now. Unfortunately she is headed for a divorce.

The lady is self employed with two lovely kids and makes a decent living of her own. She is financially independent and takes care of all her household expenses and kids education.

Her husband does not work, but never asks for any financial aid from her. How he manages his expenses only he knows. And yes he pays the EMI of their house too. He does have some ancestral property back in his hometown, but I am not sure if that is good enough to take care of his expenses and house EMI !!!

I did meet him once, and he seemed to be a nice man. Well behaved and cordial, smart and well educated with an MBA degree. He did work for some big firm for few years.

I asked the lady the reason for her decision to divorce this man whom she loved and dated for 8 years before they got married.

One of the reasons for the divorce was that he was not working.

Yes it was a valid one, yet I somehow felt that it was not such a big issue. Why you may ask?

Well to answer that one, let me take help of a Bollywood movie "Ki & Ka"

If you haven't seen this movie you should see it first or may be sometime to understand the underlying reasoning.

I wonder if it ever occurred to her that may be her husband does not want to go out and work , and wanted to be at home and preferred taking care of house and kids, while she worked !!!

Till few years ago typically it was a man's responsibility to earn for the bread and butter and upkeep of the family and females played the role of housewife.

Then came the time when both husband and wife earned and contributed for the prosperity of the family.

So is it not possible that there will come a time or may be it is already in evolution stage ,where in man would like to be at home and take of the household chores and children while women will go out and earn for the family ?

Apparently I have a friend who stayed at house and took care of his child while his wife worked. Its not that he never worked but before the baby came in they had talked about this arrangement and it worked out just fine for them.

I myself love working from home and loves household chores too. and my question to all you out there reading this blog is this...

Can men, not choose to be a house husband or homes-man???  The way some females prefer to be a housewife.

Do share your thoughts and stories of such unconventional couple or people you know of, or the idea in general. I would love to read your comments and reply to them.

Stay connected, for more... Happy day :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your interest and comment. Look forward to see you here again.

~ Nilesh Sharma @ Student of Life ~

Celebrations :)

Yesss, this is my moment of glory. My first 50 followers here on this blogging platform. Never scored that much ever in cricket :) Thr...