Wednesday 24 July 2019

Simple joys of life...

Today as I was having my morning cuppa tea and looked out of my balcony, what I saw was simply beautiful.

Clear blue sky, with white patches here and there, a mountain showcasing its green blanket, with shades of green some dark and some bright green, and some laced with pristine sunshine, I knew I want to capture this and so did I. Although I could not get the scene as it is since it was shot on my smart phone, and at moments such as this, I always feel, the tinge on not having a DSLR camera :( 

Nevertheless since the pic was good and I wanted to share it with you all, I did some  some cropping of a long shot and tried to give you all a peek into what I saw and captured.

Beautiful Sky
I was happy :)

One of the luxuries of life which I am enjoying as for now is the flat in which I live. It offers both, best of the views (scenic and surroundings) and the breeze which comes in, I never felt the need for an air conditioner.

After soaking in the feeling of liveliness and this beautiful moment, I went on with my usual work. Nowadays it is mostly reading blogs of my fellow bloggers , and replying to comments and emails that I receive.

Around evening I ventured out with my family (brother, mom and aunty). My brother is considering changing his car so as soon as he spotted "Cars24" outlet he stopped by for a quick valuation for his car.

He went in and returned within few minutes only to inform us that it would take about an hour to get the valuations, since they need to inspect the car and take a test drive. With time in hand and nothing much to do me my mom and my aunt decided to take some walk.

The area we were in was a green patch and so walking around turned out to be a pleasant experience.


There I spotted this massive banyan tree in its full glory.


 Its roots hanging downwards all around the tree.


The view was breathtaking and once I again I took out my smart phone to capture the vastness of this banyan tree, which had one of the widest trunk I had not seen in a long time.

It was getting a little warm and my mom looking at the dark and cloudy sky said it seems heavy rain is about to pour in, and within 15 minutes it did.

As much as I love rains and every year in monsoon I want to get drenched in the them, it did not happen for couple of years. Now that I recollect it must have been more than 4 years since I went out and got wet in rains.

I guess it was because either I was indoors and too lazy to get into the elevator, climb down 18 floors and then come back all wet inside the lift, or was it because I am in the car (and I hate to even image sitting all wet inside the car) or out of fear of my mobile phone and wallet getting exposed to rain water was not something I seeked or wanted to do. 

But today none of these mattered, why???

Because my mom and aunt were with me and we were out walking and it was my brothers car which at that moment he was getting valued at Cars24 outlet :)))

So as soon heavy downpour started it gave me the perfect opportunity to have my fun moment. I handed over my wallet and mobile phone to my mom and bid them good bye. I took to walking the road and on the way informed my brother that I will meet them all at home.

Walking in the rain today was such a fun, heavy rain hitting me face, water draining don my forehand and face and then passing by my long unkempt beard and even longer tresses.

I must have walked more than seven kilometers enjoying myself passing by flowing water at some places while through flooded waters here and there. Most of the people were under some sort of shade to avoid getting wet.

I saw only two others enjoying the rains like me on that entire stretch of my walk in the rains today.
Who else they could have been but kids :)

Yes I saw these two friends returning from school all wet and when they looked at me and our eyes met we saw that naughty twinkling shine and we smiled and crossed the path.

It was a lovely day I have had in a long time, how was your day? Did you went out in the rains or there was something more magical happening to you? Do write to me and I would love to read all about it.

Thanks for stopping by and reading. Happy day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your interest and comment. Look forward to see you here again.

~ Nilesh Sharma @ Student of Life ~

Celebrations :)

Yesss, this is my moment of glory. My first 50 followers here on this blogging platform. Never scored that much ever in cricket :) Thr...